Thursday, December 17, 2009

I'm a Union Member....

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Where Would We Be Without the Teachers Union?":

I'm a union memeber and I've gone up to 3 years without a contract. But I have been told by my union to continue to act professionally and do my job as I have always been doing it and let them get the contract. Maybe you can answer who suffers with the following being done?
- Wearing black as in being in mourning
- Wearing butttons with Plainview and a froun
- Not hanging up childrens work in rooms, hallways, display cases
- Not participating in school activities, like the Harlem Wizards Basketball.
- Not preparing college recommendations
- Not inviting class parents into the classrooms after certain events.
- "Informational picketing" !?
I don't think this is "professional". There must be a bunch of former PATCO memebers in this union.

4 comments:

  1. Why are elementary teachers requesting that parents spend money to send in goodies for the class holiday parties? Some of them also expect parents to volunteer time putting together little candy bags for the children. Because of the current state of the contract, these same teachers are not inviting parents to come to these parties. Does anyone else see an inequity here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This posting is so untrue
    -my child got their letters of recommendation for college
    -hallways/classrooms in other schools are decorated with children's work
    -class parents have been invited into the classrooms in lower grades (as usual)
    get your facts straight before commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WEATHER?

    Hope everyone is staying warm and safe in this weather. Delayed opening tomorrow? White christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My facts are straight. Get YOUR facts straight before commenting. You're either very lucky or belong to a really good clique. Why don't you comment on the rest of the post if you think you know everything?

    ReplyDelete