Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Why Free Rides for Athletes?

Dear Editor. Please post this as a separate topic.
Charging students for field trips while athletes get a free ride for sports trips.
I Think this is just another example of a clueless BOE. Why should I have to pay for transportation for my child's educational field trip. Do most of our students graduate to become professional athletes? I do not think so. Most of our students graduate and go off to college for the Academics. How about we take the cost of educational trip transportation out of the sports budget.

2 comments:

  1. It is my understanding that the buses for sports games are paid for in part to money collected specifically for that reason through funding via the state and fund raising. It is what it is. I'd rather pay 10 bucks for a ride than no trip at all. Really is no reason to hate on the athletic programs. It isn't like POB has this big ole winning championship record going on. Get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not hate anything. That is a word that my children and I do not have in our vocabulary.If the state funds the sports trips then the school should be funding the acedemic trips . Speaking of the sports. Why is it that Plainview is never(99%) in the paper where they post Long Island sports and why do our teams perform so poorly against other schools . I never criticze children and there is no intention to in this post. When I look at the teams My thought is that we either have to replace some of the coaches or change the way we organize the school teams. There is definitely favoritism in selecting who is on some of the teams. BTW I do attend sporting events and do support and root for our home teams all the time .

    ReplyDelete