Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Editors note..Asbestos removal

Someone has written to me with concerns about the asbestos removal process going on at Shalom School which I  believe is leased by our district. As I am not aware of the details, and because of liable laws, I will not print any personal assassinations here. I suggest that you write up a post detailing the situation without pointing fingers and I will be happy to put it up. No one wants to have children or adults for that matter, put in danger; I think it would be really helpful to POB if you could give us information so the community can take appropriate actions.
-ed.

4 comments:

  1. New Post Please

    What's up with the children at Stratford Road going outside for recess in this horrible heat? A heat advisory is in effect. Does the district have any guidelines for indoor/outdoor recess or is it just left up to the individual schools?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where, pretell do you recommend? The UNAIRCONDITIONED gym? UNAIRCONDITIONED Auditorium?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pasadena parent here. The kids did not go outside on Wednesday because of the heat and air quality advisory warning. They divided the classes up. Some went for free time in classrooms with air conditioners. I think one or two classes stayed in the gym playing quiet games they brought in for end of year game time. I have a friend at Parkway who said they did something similar there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, they did something similar at Old Bethpage. The national weather center issues a warning about air quality. Across the island, according to News 12, children were kept inside. I'm surprised Stratford let them out. When my kids were there, they were usually pretty good about that.

    ReplyDelete