Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Teachers say, "no money, we won't do anything extra"

Dear Teachers and Parents,
As the negotiations sashay forth, school has become a little bit, "less than". It's the bare minimum but still fulfilling legal obligation. The talk is in the air: the Halloween parade at Old Bethpage Elementary School has been canceled. Recommendations for college are a bit slow in coming if at all, and the decorated classroom is showing up absent.

I must say, if this is the way I negotiated for a raise; showing my boss the bare minimum I can do, I would never get a raise,(nor would I deserve one!).

It's interesting that this is the union's tactic to get more money. I think it is the boards job to stand firm and the parents who don't have more money, should back them.

Anyone disagree?

No comments:

Post a Comment