Thursday, October 15, 2009

BOE Head in the Sand?

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "BOE: I Am Behind You":

why isn't the boe or school principals going into the rooms and questioning why classwork isn't being hung up? too chicken?

keeping class parents out doesn't mean you don't hear from kids that nothing is hanging

kids are very happy to report what their classrooms are like, they notice the difference but don't understand why

neither do I

Ed's note: Suggestion: could you bring this up at the next board meeting as this is an action we all would like to see.

1 comment:

  1. Last nite at the old beth pta the principle told us that teachers were
    upset that old beth parents spoke about what's going on with the strike and
    it's effects in the classroom, at the board meeting .

    I thought that was what the board of ed was for. To represent the parents.
    Are the teachers feeling guilty about their behavior? Do the teachers feel that parents
    should just shut up, be grateful for their fabulous selves and pay their
    taxes blindly?

    I am angry that the principle spoke to me that way. I am angry that my kid
    is being affected in subtle and not so subtle ways by our teachers
    behavior. No parent should be discouraged from speaking at
    board of ed meetings, even inadvertently.

    Although I did not speak at the BOE meeting, no parent should be made to
    feel guilty for questioning what's going on with the schools their taxes are funding or with the education their child is getting.

    ReplyDelete