Friday, April 9, 2010

When My Child Gets The Education H/She is Entitled to..

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Stop Bashing and Work With Us":

Mr. Rosenfeld,

First of all, kudos to you for taking the time to read this blog. It shows your effort to try and understand community sentiment. Even if you disagree, you're listening, not so the case with most administrators here.

I have personally spent most of this year getting a runaround from the administration, all the way up the ladder, on an issue with my child's education. He/she is not being challenged, has been cast aside with the attitude that because he/she meets or exceeds the standard, he/she is not entitled to instruction comparable to all other children. The misinformation and downright dishonesty of some administrators in this district is almost unbelievable.

Although I've been offered legal advice that the situation (well documented) is actually reportable, I've been trying to avoid such a fate as in this particular case, the weak link is more with the administration than it is with the teacher, although she/he is not totally blameless.

At some point, the district is going to have to realize that parents have a right to advocate for their children and pushing parents off and not taking them seriously is counterproductive.

When I feel my child is receiving the education he/she is entitled to,then and only then will I vote for the budget and support the teachers union.

Incidentally, this posting is anonymous as my child's teacher was actually baiting him/her for information on whether or not I have hired a lawyer to the point he/she became physically sick. If my name were posted here, I actually fear for my child's well-being.

No comments:

Post a Comment