Saturday, April 17, 2010

BOE Needs to Hear - Pacing Maps & Math Books Not Cutting it.

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "BOE - What Happened to the Pacing Maps? We are Lea...":

Ney - maybe we're in the same class - my kid is having the same experience in math. It's making me sick. Luckily my husband can teach the math at home. I can't believe that this would be allowed to go on. I am very disappointed with education here. All you hear is how test prep is bad but maybe if they used the test prep books instead of the terrible enVision workbook they would at least be doing the math kids need to know. Why should my kid walk into a test unprepared and feel like a loser getting simple questions wrong? I'd like to keep my kid home for all of these tests - I don't think they should be tested on stuff they haven't learned.

2 comments:

  1. Which building are you in? There doesn't seem to be any uniformity in the curriculum across the district. Have you brought this to the attention of the associate superintendent for curriculum?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This problem with math is going on in Stratford in more than one class.

    ReplyDelete