Friday, April 16, 2010

BOE- This Needs Your Attention

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Teacher Cell Phone Use Unacceptable.":

My child is afraid to interrupt his teacher while she is texting. He tells me he is sick and tired of her texting. Also, when it rings, it breaks his concentration while he is working. Also, she often goes on the computer and even though he has a question, he feels uncomfortable interrupting her. Another teacher went on computer during open ed week. Why wasn't she walking around class to see if kids needed help or had question with the work she assigned? Reporting teacher behavior to administration really puts my kid in a compromised position.

2 comments:

  1. You need to speak to this teacher. Explain to her your child's perception and his fear about bringing it up to her. I might say it like this.

    "You might not realize how worried my son is in your class. His concentration is easily thrown by cellphones ringing and texting going on in the classroom. I imagine that must be terribly difficult to monitor. If there's anything you can do to alleviate this distraction, I would so appreciate it. Also, for some reason my son is terrified to talk to you about this. He's afraid you're going to get angry at him. I assured him that no teacher will ever be upset by a student trying to concentrate, especially when it comes to something that nobody should be doing during instructional time like texting."

    If things don't change after this conversation, then you should contact the principal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess she follows the statement "do as I say not as I do". To me that is a disgrace. Nothing is that important that you need to have it on. Not too long ago if there was an emergency the main office would call into your room. Do they really need to know what time they will see each other later or even change their tanning appointment. SORRY

    ReplyDelete