Sunday, April 11, 2010

When Will District Raise the Level of Instruction?

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Stop Bashing and Work With Us":

"Start working with us"

I've been making futile attempts all year to raise the standard in my child's classroom, a place that caters exclusively to the underachievers. Basically I've been sent the message that I have no right to expect my child's needs to be met. The children that function at a lower academic level are the priority. How dare I suggest any equity to exist for my child's benefit.

The teacher lacks the skills to provide effective instruction to anyone whose needs fall outside the cohort she is trained to work with. The "efforts" she's made address only one learning modality and are rarely if ever reviewed by her so my child gets the message that her work is insignificant as the teacher cannot be bothered to even look at it.

Both my children are basically being homeschooled because of this common trend we experience year after year in Plainview. The school district presents instruction based on its own agenda - covering themselves legally and bringing the bottom up.

Under these circumstances, please inform me how I can "work with you."

1 comment:

  1. How about you start working with us and re-negotiate the pct-pobscd employment contract. Then we can talk seriously

    ReplyDelete