Monday, October 26, 2009

Do You Care If You Have Support?

Leslies has left a new comment on your post "Dear Morty Please Listen to Reason":

I too feel that teaching is 1 of the most important jobs out there, but I must confess at this point I feel frustrated and annoyed. I have a good friend that has been out of work for 1 year...not to mention many other people who have lost their jobs or who have seen their salaries reduced. THIS IS NOT THE TIME! I was opened mined at the beginning of the year but now I am annoyed. My son will be in Kindergarten once and I do believe both my son and myself are missing out on some special moments that i did get to share with my older daughter. Quite frankly i feel like i am also missing out on sharing in my daughters year also. Sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture and now the economy is in serious trouble and we all have to make sacrifices. I genuinely hope that you do get what you want when the time is right but if you continue this battle when so many are suffering I feel you won't have any parents left in the community that will still support you.

1 comment:

  1. What are the special moments that you refer to?
    Many of the teachers have family members (spouses) that have lost their jobs or had to take a reduction in hours or benefits. They still have to pay taxes, tuition, and bills. The Kindergarten Center is operating as usual, the PTA planned a Fall Event for the children. Many districts have done away with Halloween celebrations during school time. The Kindergarten Center continues to have their parade. Snacks and parties are being monitored in many districts because of allergies and health concerns. The Kindergarten Center continues to celebrate birthdays and every class is being provided with a Halloween snack. The bigger picture is that the teachers continue to provide this district with quality educational experiences for all their students. It is strange to think that parties, food and basketball games are a parental priority. The time is now for the board to meet with the union and negotiate.

    ReplyDelete