Sunday, October 25, 2009

Who Would Snub a Raise?!!

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Mr. Rosenfeld Responds...":

Exactly what compromises are the union proposing? You need to understand that we do value the teachers but they are paid well, and this is a deperate time and many, many people are struggling to keep their heads above water. I don't know how you beleive the BOE whipped up emotions, but I do know my emotions where whipped up when I was met back to school night by teachers in black, undecorated classrooms, pins on the lapels of the teachers and a lot of tension in the school buildings. My emotions were again "whipped up" when I received your letter in the mail. They were again "whipped up" when the teachers wore their "protest uniforms and pins" in the class pictures. The bottom line is you should not be taking your frustration out on children. Especially not on elementary school children. My teenage son thinks that it is amazing that in such a deep recession anyone would actually snub a raise. I think you have done irreparable damage to the parent-teacher relationships in this district. Even my children can understand when our family cannot afford something-they can understand that yes some families(or school districts) can afford to spend more money than ours and that's just life.

No comments:

Post a Comment