Friday, December 11, 2009

Don't Complain

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Teacher Says: There is Wisdom in Coming to an Agre...":

I am not a teacher but each year I have gotten between a 2 - 2.5% raise and this year I was told I wasn't getting a raise at all but I am lucky to still have a job. I am also a highly trained professional with a Masters degree and need to keep my credentialing with constant continued education but I do not get an guaranteed increase for each set of credits I take. I must rely on my 2-2.5% each year which really amounts to not much. You have been offered a raise this year and now will likely get more than was originally offered and have a guaranteed job. You are very lucky to be in that position, but you just don't see it. When the market was "rockin" I still made my same small increase. I am sorry I can't see it your way. You chose your profession for the perks it gave you and perhaps for the joy of teaching children. Don't complain about that, otherwise perhaps it is time for a career change.

1 comment:

  1. you chose your profession as well and you too can look for another job, maybe in teaching.

    ReplyDelete