Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Teachers See My Children as Spoiled Rich Kids?

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Teachers Would Never Take it Out on the Children":

I am sorry I saw the meeting quite differently. As a parent I am disgusted at what I saw at the meeting. It appears that our teachers do teach with a chip on their shoulder as they appear to feel victimized by our district and those parents that have bravely spoken out about these disastrous contract negotiations. The union from the get go had started the year out on a bad note and when parents spoke up about it, the union lashed out at them. This is a sad time for Plainview. I would like to wear black too, not in solidarity with the teachers but in mourning for the loss of trust in the teachers I once revered. Mr. Rosenfeld shame on you for bringing it to this point. You expressed that you are not concerned about who would succeed you when you retire given the display of words at the meeting. But I fear who will succeed you because they are clones of you. Hopefully one day the damage you have caused in our district will be repaired. For now though I have a pit in my stomach and a sadness in my heart because I leave my children in the hands of people who see them as spoiled rich kids whose parents don't want to pay up. How wrong these views are I don't think you will ever see because you sit in a bubble of academia. The real world doesn't have guaranteed raises and jobs and in the real world when you are told sorry you are not getting a raise this year due to the economy we don't picket and spew hatred. We pull ourselves up by our bootstraps and go to work and try to make ends meet. It is apparent that you have manipulated your union members and their points of view by spinning the information you have shared with them to support your position. You have spit out numbers of raises from other districts but have you shared what the teachers in other districts have given up or even provided. NO, you haven't. You are upset that people have called the teachers greedy well having a long ugly battle for more money when a fair raise was put on the table is the definition of greed. I have loved and respected the people that have taught my children in this district they have all been kind and nurturing as provided a wonderful education to my children and for that I will always be eternally grateful, but I am also so disappointed by what I witnessed at the meeting that I don't know how to get past it. Think long and hard about what you caused, by your actions in the beginning of the school year you invited all of this strife. Remember we reap what we sow. Good luck to you Mr. Rosenfeld.

No comments:

Post a Comment