Sunday, March 14, 2010

Asst. Superintendent Bio

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "A Question on the Asst. Superintendent":

I just googled her name. If all the hits and links I got are correct, the scoop on her is as follows. She graduated from Bayport-Blupoint High School in 1985.

She went to Salisbury State University (Maryland) where she earned a degree/certification in elementary education. She did her master's at Dowling. Although the school district bio lists her as having a master's in reading, the NYS Dept of Ed only lists certifications in Elementary Ed and School Administration but their public online records aren't always 100% accurate so she may have reading certification as well.

She was a teacher in Bayport-Bluepoint. It appears that she was an assistant principal in Three Village and then a curriculum administrator in Sachem prior to coming to Plainview.

Since becoming an administrator, she's now on her third school district. That's a source of concern. All the districts she's worked for have solid school systems. My only concern is that they are, in many ways, very different from Plainview. It may take time for her to connect with the parent body here. That amount of time could be problematic to our children.

Someone else on this blog used the word "outspoken" to describe her. From the little I've seen of her, she doesn't see beyond the program she's been trained to administer. The impression she gives off (I hope I'm wrong about this) is that what she's doing is more about her and her career rather than about the children. You say you wouldn't have hired her? I don't want to say I agree at this point but I certainly do not disagree either.

No comments:

Post a Comment