Tuesday, November 3, 2009

When They Go the Extra Mile

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "PTA Has Kids at Heart, But Also, Limitations":

Plainview is a mix of the average Joe and the well to do! My husband and I both work full time to afford our 1100 sq ft house, in what I thought was a good school district! As the years go by I am learning that as a parent of young children you need to fight tooth and nail and have a lawyer present for any issued with the school district. So why should we pay our teachers more when they will not go the extra mile to give the appropiate support our kids need (extra help in reading, writing, handwriting. etc...)For all long as I can remenber my sister-in-law has been complaining to the school about teachers and the responces she gets are we know but they have tenior, or we are waiting for them to hit someone.....what the hell kind of an answer is that?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, do you really think all teachers hide behind their tenure? My wife is a teacher in your district and she goes above and beyond the basic requirements outlined in her job description. I often wonder why she would do anything for some of those brats, but she's a dedicated teacher.

    Don't paint them all with your broad brush.

    Maybe your sister-in-law should leave the lawyer at home and have a calm, reasonable discussion with her childs teacher. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar, eh?

    ReplyDelete